I have been out driving in the snow all day. First I met up with a friend at his house in downtown Vancouver and got some coffee. Then we went together to pick up another friend from work all the way over on the east side of town. Then it was back into downtown and I worked on computers a little bit and watched a little bit of There Will Be Blood in his basement. I was home briefly, and then ran out to Fred Meyer to get some last minute Christmas shopping done and pick up some treats for a party I am still planning attending a little while later.
I love driving down to Hipsterville. But I am a little anxious about this evening. The last time I was at this person's house I was more than a little manic, and I think I might have scared a few people in particular with my jovial intensity. But I know that there will be laughter and friendship waiting for me in spite of this, and that is what will ultimately drive me to venture out in the snow once more. I love Christmastime.
No comments:
Post a Comment