"now updated sporadically!"


Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day

I am sitting at the dining room table trying to come up with something to write about. Snow is falling, and Dozer the dog is barking incessantly at the neighborhood children who are having way too much fun in my own front yard. I won't pretend to be jealous of their wet socks and frozen hands. I might even start a fire, although I haven't ever started a fire in this fireplace and it could be a disaster. But I might risk it all the same.

My therapist wants me to keep a dream log. I have kept my journal at my bedside for years and I write almost every evening. And ever since I got the laptop I am using right now I have been journaling at an even more feverish pace. Typing is so much closer to the speed at which my brain works. But it is hardly close at all. So I write and I type and I feel no closer to getting it all out of me at the end of the day. And I hardly ever remember my dreams.

I had one really interesting dream almost a year ago which I will not describe here. All I will say is it gave me a lot to ponder. I might even go so far as to say it was the beginning of a chapter in my life. That is how much resulted from conclusions and decisions made after having that dream. And after all that has happened in the last two weeks I feel I may have reached the end of that chapter and the beginning of the next. And I am excited and more than a little scared.

However I would like to know what I dreamed about last night.

No comments: