I love my church. I really do. Because it doesn't feel like church at all to me. I started going last year to help my sister and brother-in-law lead worship, and up until recently I still referred to it as my sister's church. It has since dawned on me that it is my little community too.
I love that our pastor was mad that his wife made him wear a dress shirt today. I love that my niece climbed up on stage with us and tried unsuccessfully to play guitar with me while we were worshiping, but was successful at banging on her dad's drum.
On a more serious note, I love that we strive to be unconditionally accepting of everybody. And even better, I love that nobody thinks they have all the answers, and if they're acting like they do, there's always a couple people ready to step in and bring them down a notch.
Because genuine faith is only present in the midst of doubt. Otherwise it's not faith, it's blind belief.
"now updated sporadically!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment