I have been reading The Shack this week and Mr. Young keeps blowing me away. I mean he writes too simply and the plot sucks and so far there's not even a real antagonist in the story. But I love it. Because in my opinion it successfully communicates the heart and purpose of a very loving God. I know it's a work of fiction and not a theological essay but I always did enjoy stories more than lists and laws. And this is quite the story.
"But for the grace of God..." I think that's a big 'but'. Except for God, there is nothing. And without grace, well then we are all screwed. But I don't claim to have any more grace than the next person, just because some pastor considers me 'saved' since I prayed a prayer once at his church. Grace isn't something that I chose, I think it exists with or without me.
But I think I will still pray for more grace, just to be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment